News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Star Wars?

Started by Jack, May 08, 2005, 11:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev Rabies

He's talking about the ewoks i believe.

Gamefreak

Yes, I am talking about Ewoks.  It's too cutesy and I felt that took away from the overall presentation of the movie.

EmeraldZelda2.0

what do you mean that stop from still being the movie of them all. :P

Gamefreak

Episode 1 fell victim to the same thing (among others) that made it a lesser movie of the trilogy.  Star Wars is supposed to be serious.  Perfect examples of that are Empire Strikes Back, and Revenge of the Sith.  When you've got Ewoks and Jar Jar, it feels like it's more for kids.  Which is dumb because it appealed to the kids of the late 70's just fine without adding any cute stuff.

MasterKeyX

My favorite episode is episode 2, but my favorite trilogy is the older one. they are more classic and i think they are overall presented better.

RIP my LeafGreen team: 2005-2010

EmeraldZelda2.0

out of the classics my favorite is empire strikes back. :)

MasterKeyX

Out of the classic, i like 6 the most, it was a very good and well made episode.

Gamefreak

My favorite from both trilogies.

Old Trilogy: Empire Strikes Back

New Trilogy: Revenge of the Sith.

Rev Rabies

It's kind of like DMC here, in the DMC series 1 and 3 were great but DMC2 didn't live up to the standards set by the other two. Same thing with episodes 1 and 2. They were good but not great like the other four.

Gamefreak

Episode 3 was the only one placing in the top 150 movies.  Placing low at 139 though.  Where as A New hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi have placed at least in the top 30.

MasterKeyX

I must say, episode 3 did have the most action than in the othes.

EmeraldZelda2.0

yup that sure is true. :)

MasterKeyX

and it was also the bloodiest and most highly rated (it was rated PG-13 while the others were PG)

EmeraldZelda2.0

I never noticed that. :-\

Gamefreak

True.  It did have a PG-13 rating.  Although Lightsaber wounds don't draw blood.  The energy from a lightsaber melts shut the arteries closing the blood vessel.